Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Married Date Night

Beorn and I have been having a little bit of a difficult time. We have our ups and downs, both of us being in school at the same time is very challenging financially. Beorn tends to retreat into the computer and online gaming. Last weekend, after some complaining on my part he made an effort to spend time with me and have a "date night." We went to sushi and then rented movies. Sunday night we watched "Little Miss Sunshine." I think it is now on my list of the best movies ever. It's been a long time since I laughed that hard. If you have seen it click below for the rest of my review, if you haven't, then go rent it right now!
The thing that I loved about the "talent show" scene was the way that it played up the double standard in America about little girls and sexuality. According to the pageant organizers it's OK for little girls to be sexual as long as they are emulating the proper role models.

I love this video, where the cast talk about working with the little girl, Abigail Breslin.

2 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I agree 100% about Little Miss Sunshine... I liked it so much that I gave it to many of my female relatives for Christmas.

Your point about little girls and sexuality is right on!

wil said...

Financial stress, family stress. Two biggies.

You guys hang in there!