Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Hoody Hoo!

The First Carnival of Feminist Science Fiction and Fantasy Fans is up on Written World! I'm very excited that my post on Joss's speech and online gaming was included. I haven't had a chance to read all the posts yet but I'm excited by the variety of topics and voices included. There are several interesting posts by men on gender in comics and the gender politics of reading comics. It's so refreshing to hear that Joss is not the only guy that has been thinking about these issues. I have been a gamer since I was a kid, but only began reading comics after my husband (then boyfriend) introduced me to them. I'm still not much of a connoisseur, but I do have a few favorites. Beorn was very clever, and introduced me to Strangers in Paradise first. I have never been able to get interested in mainstream, superhero genre comics. Beorn and I once tried to play Champions, but I thought it was horribly boring. My favorite superhero is The Tick. Just to reveal the true depths of my geekiness, I sometimes read a comic about gaming, KODT.

On the dark side, my internet connection has been spotty all day and it’s not my ISP’s fault, Beorn's computer isn't having problems. Also, I seem to be developing tendonitis in my left wrist from too much time on the keyboard.

Tags: , , ,

No comments: