Monday, December 19, 2005

Glory! Glory!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! The grading is finally done! I wish I could share some of the more ridiculous papers with you all, but the amusing ones are very distinctive.

Update: I think I can share this without trouble. The final project for my students was to propose a "landscape intervention" and support the proposal with references to the readings. This allowed students to be creative and write about many different types of changes they would like to see in the world. There were a number of selfish, shallow proposals and many creative, compassionate ones. There was also one student who decided to propose that our university should build a new stadium for the football team. Guess what? The university IS building a stadium on the very spot she suggested in her paper! The professor decided not to disipline her, but I think it would have been fair to flunk her. Thoughts?

Update: I emailed the stadium student about her paper and her grade. She had the nerve to write back that she shouldn't be "penalized" because it is common knowledge that the University is building a stadium. (Never mind the fact that no where in her paper did she mention that the university was already building it.) I am growing to hate the word "penalize."

No comments: